How To Establish Rapport With The Customer
- Dress properly. In most cases you should wear a clean uniform.
- Smile and maintain eye contact.
- Have a well-prepared opening statement designed to arouse interest and curiosity.
- Pay them a sincere compliment.
- Find common interests and get them to talk about them.
- Do not talk about your own problems.
- Use the customer’ name and use it often. Do not presume to address them by their first name. Ask for permission.
- Limit the use of the words “I” and “me”.
- Be enthusiastic and confident without being pushy or conceded or condescending.
- Discretely study the home (or office) and look for clues to the customer’ style or interests.
- Always exercise good manners and never use bad language.
- Leave your bad habits behind.
©2000 MrHVAC.com, All Rights Reserved. You may duplicate this document provided the copyright notice stays intact and the document is not redistributed or offered for sale.