Let’s face it, owning your own HVAC business isn’t for the faint of heart. However, the satisfaction of working for yourself and seeing operations through end-to-end is well worth the extra effort. There’s just one problem – To really profit and expand your business you’ll need lots of it, and outsourcing can be expensive.
Here are 15 marketing techniques that will help you find more work and increase your HVAC business visibility:
- Create a Marketing Plan – One of the main reasons some small HVAC businesses are doomed before they even start is the lack of an effective marketing plan.
- Professional Networking – Create a profile on professional networking websites like LinkedIn. Go a step further by taking part in discussions and groups to gain exposure.
- Word of Mouth – Happy customers are your best advertisement. Build a good rapport and be proactive in asking them to tell others about you, if they like your services.
- Yellow Pages – Most people nowadays won’t bother with a directory, because searching the web is much faster and easier, but sign up for a listing if it’s free.
- Newspaper Ads – Target homeowners. They don’t want to know about fancy equipment or your service vehicle, so focus on punctuality, neatness, offers, discounts, etc.
- Vehicle Signage & Branding – Larger ads printed on the vehicles reduce their resale value, so keep it simple. All you really need is your name, company logo, phone number and website.
- HVAC Website Listings – Just like HvacWebConnection.com, there are numerous online HVAC contractors directories, some of which are free. Sign up with as many as you can and create your company/contractor listing on these web directories.
- Company Website – Today, every company needs a website that is simple, visually appealing and easy to navigate. If you can’t make one yourself, hire someone to do it for you.
- Events or Charities – Participate in local events to increase your brand’s recognition in the area. Helping out others might bring in more work too.
- Social Media Marketing – Networking on social media platforms is an excellent way to keep connected with your customers and get references. Understand your target market and upload relevant content.
- Local Search Listing – Google is the ‘it’ place for finding new customers, especially for home heating/air conditioning services. Use keywords that potential consumers would be searching for.
- Videos on YouTube – Create an account for your company and upload educational videos explaining products and services. People prefer watching videos to reading text!
- Paid Ads – You can opt for platforms like Google AdWords and Facebook Ads where you can build Ad Campaigns through search, display and mobile network in the targeted locations. An effective campaign can enhance your business ROI and fetch you potential customers in the longer run.
- Customer Engagement – Keeping in touch with existing customers can bring in new ones, as well as increase repeat business. Keep details of when they’ll need your service again and contact them proactively.
- Stay Updated – Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in your field and new products or services that you can offer. Keep researching latest marketing techniques and methods too, both online and offline.
Dan McKee heads up the marketing efforts and provides digital marketing strategies to the marketing team at Service Champions in California.
Answer questions on a Q&A sites like Yahoo Answers and Quora as well. This is an effective way to connect with your market and increase your brand awareness.