How does the inside of your work van look? Can you find your tools quickly and easily? How much physical effort is required to get your equipment out? Does it look polished and professional? These questions bring to light several important considerations for HVAC contractors and business owners. Take some time to consider your answers to determine if your work van is doing its job, or if it needs a few upgrades.
Let Vehicle Equipment Work for You
If you struggle with finding the tools necessary to do your job, consider adding cargo vehicle equipment to your work van. Cargo van equipment comes in all types, from racks that secure your ladder, to shelves that house your HVAC equipment.
A worthwhile addition to any HVAC operation, cargo vehicle equipment offers a wide range of benefits, allowing you to:
- Become more efficient. Do you ever find yourself spending way too much time searching for a tool you need right now? With cargo management equipment, you gain immediate access to your equipment, saving precious time once taken up by scavenging through the back of your work van.
- Give yourself a break. By organizing your HVAC equipment for easy access, you’ll save yourself from having to climb into your van to remove bulky equipment.
- Look like the pro that you are. A well-organized work van immediately lets your customers know that you are a professional. It’s an easy way to build trust with your customers, ensuring them that you’re organized, efficient, and committed to doing your job well.
Now that you know how vehicle equipment can help you perform at your best, what equipment do HVAC contractors need most?
Vehicle Equipment for HVAC Contractors
There’s no shortage of tools that come along with working as an HVAC technician. From gauges to pumps, to ladders, to full air-conditioning units, HVAC equipment comes in all shapes and sizes. Accommodating all of this equipment requires versatile storage solutions that are durable enough to withstand the heftier items and flexible enough to allow for easy organization. To help you get started, here are some essential cargo storage solutions for HVAC contractors:
- Shelving – A shelving unit keeps your tools organized and out of the way. Storing your tools on designated shelves allows for easy access and fewer headaches. You can opt to store the heavier equipment closer to the doors and keep those frequently used items in easy to grab places. Bonus points for adjustable shelving, as it gives you the ability to move your shelves as your work requires.
- Ladder Racks – Transporting a ladder is no easy feat. One of the heavier items in an HVAC technician’s arsenal, ladders take up considerable space and have unique storage needs. A ladder rack helps to secure your ladder to the roof or interior of your van, depending on the model. A well-designed, ergonomic ladder rack will take the strain out of loading and unloading your ladder.
- Partition – A vehicle partition separates the front of the cab from the rear, securely storing your equipment in the back of the van.
- Upfit Packages – If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution to your HVAC storage needs, an HVAC upfit package could be the perfect fit! Upfit packages provide all of the essential equipment to easily transport your tools and major equipment from job to job. Common components of an HVAC van upfit include shelves, rail kits, drawers, partitions, and storage bins.
If your HVAC van is in dire need of some organization, it might be time to invest in these cargo vehicle equipment essentials. As an HVAC pro, minutes spent unnecessarily scouring your van for tools are dollars wasted. With an upfitted work van, you’ll save precious time, increase efficiency, and establish yourself as a professional before you even make it to the door.
About the Author: Todd Goldmeyer is the Marketing Manager at Adrian Steel Company, North America’s leading manufacturer of cargo management solutions for trade vehicles. With over 60 years in the business, Adrian Steel is powered by constant innovation and guided by a commitment to providing best-in-class customer service. Learn more about our HVAC upfit equipment at www.adriansteel.com!